7.3.14

Dresden Plate Table Runner

This project was so much fun!  Another thank you gift, this time for my mom.  She loves everything we make for her and uses them around her house.  This time a colourful springtime runner.


I appliqued the plates and centres on with a small blanket stitch (with my sewing machine).


And then I free motion quilted the entire thing, including each wedge.  A bit tricky to fmq straight lines and there are some wobbly spots but overall it looks okay (to me.)  It's much quicker to fmq than rotate the quilt so many times.  The spirals aren't that great but not bad enough to pick out and do over.


And the back.  


Thanks for reading our blog and have a good weekend!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet runner! Love those spring colours. And your fmq is fanastic. Your mom has got to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I really have to do some fun sewing like this for our house, and pillow covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Alisa. I love the low volume background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better than "okay"! The runner is beautiful and perfect for spring.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really love your table runner Alisa (or I should say your Mom's table runner!)
    The spring colours... the pattern...
    you did a beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete